Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad

Veronica sent me this recipe with the caveat that these items aren't in our garden. Ahhh...but the red peppers will be soon. And didn't we just pull up a bunch of cabbage? Looks good. We'll have to give it a try.
Tom

From Veronica:
Here is a recipe I just made this week. Unfortunately, it really doesn't include things in OUR garden, but it is good.

Shred/chop 1/4 head of cabbage
Dice 1 red pepper
Cut corn off of two ears of corn

Mix a couple tablespoons lemon juice and olive oil, two teaspoons honey and salt and pepper to taste. Add to veggies. You can add/lesson ingredients in the dressing to suit your taste. I like it a little sweeter than tart. I actually got this recipe from Real Simple magazine. I think it is good with either chicken or salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment